Sunday, December 2, 2007

Best Game Ever

Scrabble is great. Cranium is great. But there is an even gooder game on the market:

Loaded Questions.

This is the most fun you can have with a board game. The laughs come early and often when you play this game. Straight comedy. The more politically incorrect, the better the game.

We came across this game the night before Thanksgiving. Sue and Steve Holcomb (shout out to Olathe, KS) brought it with them to Missouri for the holiday weekend. Excellent call. We had a great time playing it, and April purchased at The Target today.

The gist of the game is a question is read, and you have to answer it. The questions are pretty open ended, and leave a ton of room for interpretation. The person whose turn it is attempts to guess which player wrote each response. A sample question would be, "What would you not do for a million dollars?" I personally try to be funny and sophomoric in my answers.

We broke out the game tonight. The contestants were April, myself, Chris [b]ecker, and Jessica Claire. The game occurred after a nice little dinner party thing at our house. I am happy that April's parents and grandmother left before the start. It got a bit scatological, to say the least. But, great googly-moogly, it was fun. I laughed so hard there were tears in my eyes. Really. FCC regulations prohibit me from posting actual responses from our game.

Although this won't fit in a stocking, I recommend Loaded Questions as a stuffer. Better yet, get this before your holiday gatherings start. It is a sure-fire hit for friends and families.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Definitely putting that on the Christmas list!!! Welcome back to blogging land...

kam said...

I am so sad I missed the pee-in your pants fun. Can't wait for the team to get together for that one. Sounds so fun!!